An evaluation is processed upon receipt of the following:
1. Complete AERC Application Form
- Check type of service requested
- If requesting foreign credentials evaluation, check the type of report that suits your needs
- Be sure to complete all questions on the Application Form as requested
- Send all original educational records including proof of completion of high school, diplomas or degree certificates
- Certified English translation if records are in foreign language
- Sign and date the Application Form
- Once the application is submitted, any changes must be in writing
- Enclose applicable fee, this must include a mailing fee for AERC to return the original documents by certified or registered mail
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to check the acceptance of AERC evaluation by the receiving institution
- Read the three IMPORTANT terms in the application form
2. Submit original/official transcripts and diplomas (Academic records)
- “Originals” are documents with a signature and fresh seal of the educational institution sent by the applicant.
- “Officials” are documents with signature and fresh seal sent directly by the institution of attendance to AERC.
- Original and official documents sent by the applicant are returned to the applicant upon completion of the evaluation. Documents and report must be returned by Registered or Certified Mail (please see Fee Schedule). AERC is not responsible for documents lost, stolen or damaged in the mailing process.
- Include program of study and course description, if available.
- Be sure your transcripts of records reflect “units/credits, hours, and points” for each subject.
3. Certified English Translations when documents are in a foreign language
- If requesting translation and evaluation, translation fees are additional
4. Include fees according to the Fee Schedule (Check or Money Order payable to AERC)
For all the correspondence, please use the following address:
American Education Research Corporation (AERC)
382 East Rowland Street
Covina, CA 91723-3154, USA
1. Standard Evaluation Processing Time - AERC requires approximately 20 working (business) days to process an evaluation from the day ALL documents and payment are received. These 20 days transpire from the date all documents and payment is made.
2. Rush Evaluation Service - Rush Evaluation Service is available for an additional fee. AERC offers two types of Rush Service:
- 5 - business days upon receiving all required documents and fees (please see fee schedule).
- 3 - business days upon receiving all required documents and fees (please see fee schedule).
Documents Required For Evaluation
AERC accepts ONLY original or official documents for evaluation. These documents will be returned to the applicant upon completion of the evaluation by mail. AERC policy must return records by registered or certified mail. Please see Fee Schedule. AERC is not liable or responsible for documents lost, stolen or damaged in the mail.
Certified copies by college or university admission officers of the U.S. institution in possession of the original documents are accepted for reporting to the certifying institution only. Certified copies will become properties of AERC. All non-English documents must be accompanied by certified English translation. A translation fee will be applied for all documents presented in a language other than English. Proof of secondary school completion (high school diploma or transcripts) may be required for all undergraduate level evaluations.
Additional Official Evaluation Report
You may order additional official copies of the evaluation report at the time of your application or after the evaluation has been completed. To request an official evaluation report after the evaluation has been completed, you may request it in writing or complete an AERC form “Additional Official Evaluation Report Form” from this website.
Once an evaluation has been completed, any questions regarding the evaluation report must be submitted in writing to AERC within the first 30 days of the completion date. Requests for review of the evaluation of questions concerning the evaluation submitted after 30 days of the date the evaluation was completed will be subject to a $60.00 review fee.
Re-evaluation of credentials not submitted with the original application request are treated as new evaluations and a second payment of the evaluation report is required. Requests to change a Report type (e.g. General Evaluation Report to a Detailed Evaluation Report or vice-versa), once an evaluation has been completed, requires the full evaluation fee.
AERC will contact the applicant or the agent if additional information, documents, or fees are needed to prepare the evaluation. The evaluation will not be processed until all documentation and fees have been received. Failure to supply the additional requested documentation within 90 days will result in the cancellation of the application with no refund.
AERC requires a minimum fee of $50.00 dollars non-refundable to review and process the evaluation. Once a request for an evaluation is received by AERC, documentation will be reviewed. AERC will notify applicant e.g.: if documents are incomplete, originals were not presented, original diploma of degree completion was not included, translations are required, payment not included or do not agree with service requested, all questions must be completed and application must be signed.
WARNING: Alteration or irregularities in records presented will result in severe repercussion. In such a case, the documents will be impounded and the information may be disseminated to local authorities, other institutions and evaluation services. Refunds will not be processed in these cases.
IMPORTANT: It is important to read and understand all terms and conditions stated under the heading of Terms and Conditions. Applicants or their representatives must request any AERC service in writing.